Hi! I'm Tammy! It's great to finally meet you.
You and I? We’re visual people. We pay attention to detail and place a high priority on doing things the right way, the first time, with enthusiasm. We like to work hard, create art, and have an excellent time doing it. Devoted customer service and client interaction is a high priority. A twelve hour day on our feet the whole time? Count me in, I’ve brought granola bars.
We’re a team: flash ninjas, mad scientists, the dynamic duo of storytelling.
I’m your second. Your second set of hands when you need just one more flash. Your second pair of eyes on the scene. I play interception between you and Uncle George who’s had a few too many at the open bar. I’m the missing-aunt finder when you’ve got five minutes left for that group shot.
I’m a brand ambassador for your vision and style.
A Little About Me
I’m an active duty United States Marine stationed in the Washington, DC area. I’ve been enlisted as a Combat Photographer/Videographer since 2008. I’ve been deployed twice, photographed many cool things in many different countries, blown stuff up, worked alongside high ranking military and government officials, flown in more helicopters than I could ever want to, and I once stood in line for two hours on a ship just to eat corn dogs for lunch.
I'm a photographer with a business habit, a closet economics nerd, a habitual NPR fan, and one who thinks there's nothing more fine in this world than a cat in a Christmas sweater. I enjoy putting my all into a hard days work, exercising, and settling down with the perfect book at the end of the day.
What I Do
Currently I am employed full time producing and editing videos for Headquarters Marine Corps Combat Camera.
I spend my free time assisting primary wedding photographers, focusing on my own portraiture and personal work, or continuing to expand my skill set.
I am currently pursing my Bachelors of Science in Business with a Marketing emphasis.
I am looking to network with working professionals to improve my own skill set, share knowledge, collaborate on creative projects, and be part of a team comprised of fun people who aren't going to hate when I go back for seconds at the Dunkin' Donuts box.
- Six years of photojournalism experience focusing on storytelling and historical documentation of events covering a wide range of topics from combat operations, humanitarian assistance, military training, and officers eating soup.
- Six years of video production experience to include pre-production, editing, post-production, script-writing, narration, and other aspects of video. Work focused on news pieces, historical documentation, ceremonies, music videos, large scale productions, and training videos.
- Considerable experience conducting on-the-fly or planned interviews for a variety of news-related pieces. These include street and studio interviews.
- Has worked as an assistant/second shooter for primary wedding photographers on a variety of wedding types. Work covered photojournalism and shooting to holding lights, co-ordinating timelines, capturing video, and eating all the hors d'oeuvres.
- I have two years of retail studio work prior to my enlistment. I have considerable customer service experience and a cheery disposition.
- My primary work platform is the Adobe Creative Suite 6. I am proficient in Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- I am an excellent addition to any capture the flag team.